Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder triggered by interrupted air patterns or obstructed air flow while you sleep. It befalls many individuals and needs to be treated as soon as signs of its existence begin to appear. There are two major types of sleep apnea, including central sleep apnea which is caused by a failure of signals being sent from the brain to the chest muscles to initiate breathing, and obstructed sleep apnea, which is the result of obstructions in the airway.
The prospect of a better smile awaits with sleep apnea treatments. The key to understanding sleep apnea includes the following:
– Signals from your brain failing to be read by your muscles in your chest is referred to as central sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea can lead to severe conditions such as heart attacks or stroke.
– Sleep apnea can be triggered by allergies, sinus problems, large tonsils, a large tongue, a small jaw, and a family history of the disorder, genetics, nasal blockages, a deviated septum, breathing obstructions, various environmental factors.
– Obstructive sleep apnea typically occurs when airways are blocked and obstructed.
– Normally, males over the age of 40 are most at risk for sleep apnea.
If you are looking for sleep apnea treatments in Lehi, Utah, come see Aspire Surgical soon. To schedule an appointment, simply call our dentist office at 801-768-1155. With the help of Dr. Mark Ryser and our team, the pathway to a clear smile can be yours. Visit us today, and your smile will thank you!